Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Trickle Income

Hey, I have a new citizen today, hurray! But how did that happen? I haven't clicked my harvests yet!


Well that is because of the Trickle Income produced by the Palace. The Palace produces a small income of all five resources every five minutes (commonly called "trickle" by players). The "trickle" rate for each resource is equal to your current Population plus 2, then multiplied by a hundred percent plus the percent bonus you have for that particular resource.

Trickle Income per resource = (2 + population) * (100% + bonus%)

Using the picture above, we can see that before I had 3 citizen population, and bonuses of 5% for each resources except gold. Meaning:

Trickle Income = (2 + 3) * (100% + 5%) = 5.25

That is 5.25 food, hammer, science and culture every 5 minutes, while only 5 gold every 5 minutes because it doesn't have any bonuses. 5.25 per five minutes is equal to 63 per hour. That explains why I earned an extra citizen while I'm still offline. (Do note though, that while "trickle" occurs even when not playing the game, it will not build up while the player has more than 24 unspent Harvests.)

Well, better build the new citizen a house and assign it as a worker instead of a farmer because I still don't have enough hammers to make him an orchard and a granary yet. AlthoughI will be buying 100 hammers on the market so I can upgrade my worker's lumber mill to Ginormous. I will also upgrade the new worker's forest by building a road on it.


There, my workers are at maximum efficiency. Time to cash in on their hammer production! Cha-Ching!


I've used up all my harvests and accumulated over 1000 hammers and 300 food. Time to slowly convert these workers back to farmers or another job type. More on these different job types tomorrow on CivWorld Tutorial Philippines!. Thanks again for reading! I am Paulo Baldemor, click on my name and add me up as your facebook friend. Come let us play CivWorld together!. Let's conquer the World, Socially, possibly with our Philippine Empire!


Previous Posts: