Friday, August 3, 2012

How I Discovered Civworld

Welcome to CivWorld Tutorial Philippines! It was about a month since I started playing CivWorld on Facebook. I stumbled upon this game while looking for something good to play online for a change. I was already playing Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword, but it was just an offline single player game, and I'm quite getting bored kicking my AI opponents on the butt, and pushing them around.

Loving strategy games, I found CivWorld very much to my liking. Very very nice graphics, very nice concept, and making friends with other players made CivWorld addicting for me. It defined facebook social gaming for me.

I found it mediocre at first. Looks like a sophisticated Farmville game to me. After a standard tutorial walkthrough, the game seems very very slow for an offline player like me. But after understanding the concept of the game, and the facebook social networking gaming for which it was designed for, I now greatly appreciate the complexity of this game.


The objective of the game is to build and grow your own city, join a civilization, and accumulate Fame points by helping your civilization win each Era.

"Each game represents a journey through the course of human history, from the Stone Age to the Space Age and beyond. Games are played by players representing individual Nations that band together to form great Civilizations. These Civilizations compete with each other in four categories: Technology, Culture, Economics, and Domination. As player Nations and Civilizations grow and advance, players earn Fame points and rewards for their accomplishments, as well as gaining valuable resources, knowledge, and power for themselves and their teammates." - CivWorld Wiki (http://wiki.2kgames.com/civworld/index.php/Main_Page)

The score of each game is counted in Fame points, which can be earned in a variety of ways. A complete game of Civ World is divided into twenty-one Eras, each with its own Victory conditions. Once all twenty-one Eras have completed, the game is over and the player with the most Fame points is the winner.


I am Paulo Baldemor, click on my name and add me up as your facebook friend. Come let us play CivWorld together!. Let's conquer the World, Socially, possibly with our Philippine Empire!

Previous Posts: